This puree is also suitable for babies 6m+ without polenta.
Polenta is a good source of carbohydrates to add to the baby purees at early weaning stage. The texture is smooth and it has a sweetish flavour. Fill their little tummies up and they will sleep better! 😄
Oh boy, either my baby was very hungry or he really loved this combo!:)
- 3 large broccoli florets (washed)
- 3 large cauliflower florets (washed)
- 1/2 zucchini (washed and chopped)
- 1/2 of a large pear (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 50 ml of liquid
- 2 tbsp of polenta
- 1/2 cup of water (add a few more tbsp if you’d like it to be softer)
- Add 1/2 cup of water into small saucepan, let it boil and then add polenta, stir and turn off the heat. Let it set for 15 mins.
- Steam broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini for 15 mins in a baby cook. Once ready, remove from the baby cook, and then steam pear for 5 mins.
- Or steam the above for 10 mins in a steamer and then add pear and steam for another 5 mins.
- Add liquid and blend until you get your desired consistency.
- Now add polenta and blend for a few seconds. Or stir it in the puree. I used the blender to get an even mix.