The side dishes were 1/2 red bell pepper and 1 large tomato (deseeded).
I made this dish for the whole family and it was so yummy that I just couldn’t stop eating! 🙊
My son finished the veggies and 2/3 of the rice. He said: Mama, rice and meat are nice but not the pak choy. Lol He picked them all out. 🙈
The bowl is by Replayrecycled.
- 300 gr lean pork meat (can be substituted with chicken or tofu)
- 400 gr pak choy ( break up the leaves washed well)
- 2 large garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp organic cold pressed coconut oil (make sure it’s cold pressed, as this is where the flavour comes out)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp himalayian salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp corn flour
- jasmin perfume rice
- Boil the rice first.
Slice the pork meat into think strips and marinate with 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tbsp coconut oil. Set aside and wash the pak choy.
- Heat up a wok pan, add 1/2 tbsp coconut oil and garlic. Keep the heat high at all time. Stir fry for about 30 seconds, add pork and quickly stir until the pork is almost cooked through, don’t over cook the meat. Remove from pan.
- Add pak choy, 1/2 salt, 1 tbsp oyster sauce mix with 1/2 cup water and cover with a lid for a few minutes.
- Once the pak choy have soften then add the pork back to the wok and mix and stir well.
- For more sauce, mix 1/2 cup cold water with corn flour and pour it into the wok. Stir quickly and mix well. At this point the sauce will thickens.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil in the rice and stir gently. I find by adding coconut oil it makes the rice tastes so much better than cooking with coconut milk.
- Serve with rice.