Delicious Baked Salmon Rice Croquettes.
Suitable for babies from 7-8 months+ [if no egg allergies].
We always have leftover boiled rice in our household and I usually make fried rice the next day but this time I wanted to try something new. I have a pack of salmon fillet that needed to be used up, so I put these two together and turn them into little croquettes. 🙂
Gosh, they tasted soooo good and packed with veggies and Omega-3 too! Definitely a win win meals for my kids! My two toddler sons ate 3 croquettes each! Yeah!:)💪.
These delicious little babes would make a great blw baby food as the texture is firm and not crumbly, and also ideal for fussy eaters with hidden veggies 😄. Hiding veggies in meals is the only way to get my kids to eat them!🙈
It took me max 40 minutes from prep to finish. Perfect dinner plan for working mom and busy mom like me! 👍 They’ll be yummy for lunchboxes too!
Served 2 toddlers and 1 adult.
- 300 gr salmon filet (blitz in a food processor before hand, until little chunks / chopped by hand)
- 1 1/2 cups of leftover over rice (I used basmati rice)
- 1 small zucchini (grated)
- 2 medium carrot (peeled & grated)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- juice of 1/2 lemon .
- 1/2 tsp salt (omit for babies under 12m old).
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- cold pressed coconut / olive oil for frying
- add on or replace with: chopped kale / spinach.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C / 400 °F. Line a large baking tray with a baking sheet. Brush /spray over with olive oil.
- Heat up a medium size non stick frying pan with oil. Add the grated zucchini and carrots and sauté until soft.
- When the veggies are done then move them to a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it’s well combined.
- Use a tablespoon to press the mixture against your palm and mould into a croquette shape.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Drizzle with some lemon juice and leave to cool for 5 mins before serving.